VIEW UPDATED GUIDELINES:
Wellness Center Safety Rules & Etiquette
1. Children under age 11 are not allowed in the Wellness Center. Youth under age 14 may not enter the free weight area. Youth age 11-13 may workout with a parent/guardian, or on their own after completing the free Youth Fitness Orientation.
2. Be mindful of others. Allow others to perform a set while you are at rest.
3. Use machines or benches for their primary purpose. Do not rest on machines between sets.
4. Don’t drop heavy weights or dumbbells or “bang” weights. Spotters are recommended in the free weight area.
5. Re-rack your weights. Always return equipment to the proper storage area when you are finished.
6. Keep our Wellness Center clean. Wipe off machines and equipment after each use. Return used workout towels to a towel drop bin.
7. Lock up gym bags, coats & personal items. Lockers prevent loss and create a clean culture.
8. Proper workout attire and clean shoes are required. No open-toed shoes or midriff shirts.
9. Cell phone use is restricted to the lounge areas. Be courteous of others in the Wellness Center.
10. Food & beverage use, other than water, is restricted to the lounge areas.
11. Outside personal trainers are not permitted to train clients within the Y. The Y has personal trainers available on staff.
12. Exercise balls have recommended weight limits. Do not add additional weight when using them.