Strong Challenge Week 5: SERVE
December 7th - December 13th
Why do we always seem to have time for “I” but not for “us”? Time for self-centered binging and not for moments of serving others. For some, it is fear or a recent loss that drives them to hold tightly to what is theirs. The problem is, we are designed to live differently, to be givers and not just takers. To look out for our friends and our neighbors.
If we are willing to prioritize the needs of others, to reach for our best things to give, and to carve out time to serve, we will discover the transformational rewards that come only from practicing heroic love. The rewards are great, but the motivation to do nothing can be greater... push through! Be STRONG.
This week, along with your weekly goals, open up a can of loving others. You will be transformed--- this is how STRONG works.
This week we will add one service opportunity to our tracker. We were designed to give of our time and talents and serve. This week find opportunities to become a blessing ninja!
Update your tracking sheet and remember to post it in a prominent place. Connect with your accountability buddy or family, to make sure they are on board!
STRONG ACTIVITIES - Ways to Serve
AT THE Y
- Make an online donation to the Y's Annual Campaign
- Send and a gift certificate to someone who lost their job
- Pray for someone in need (and tell them)
- Do extra chores around the house
- Call a senior, check-in, and ask if they help.
- Make PPE masks for childcare workers, students, seniors, etc.
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Shovel snow for a neighbor
- Mentor a youth (Big Brothers/Big Sisters)
- Fill a box of gently used items and donate it
- Pay for someone’s order in the drive thru
- Donate Blood
- Fill a box with food and take it to your local food pantry (do this with your family)
- Register to be a bell ringer for the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign
- Donate supplies to the Fond du Lac Humane Society from their WISH LIST
- Help someone find a job (use your network)
- Write an inspiring article and share it (LinkedIn)
- Encourage five people on the Strong Challenge (Facebook group)
- Say nice things on your Zoom meetings this week