Strong Challenge Week 4: REST
November 30th - December 6th
Our STRONG Challenge continues with finding ways to REST!
Chillaxing, naps, a good night’s sleep…REST. It’s something we all need desperately to thrive but ignore its mystical powers. Why does REST always seem to get put on the backburner of our 1000 MPH-paced lives. We all fall victim to not falling asleep at a regular time, ignoring quiet time with prayer and/or meditation or not designating a rest or Sabbath day for our week. This week, we reclaim our health with the power naps, sleeping in, quieting our minds…this week, we REST!
This week, we will add to our fitness goals two, ten-minute helpings of meditation/prayer and one day of complete rest. Mark your tracking sheet in places where you will REST. Join the Facebook Community Group to share your moments of rest with your new friends! When we rest, we are STRONG.
Update your tracking sheet and remember to post it in a prominent place. Connect with your accountability buddy to make sure they are doing the same!
AT THE Y
- Try a yoga class - Fitness class schedules
- Take a day, preferably Sunday and DO NOTHING. Rest, chillax, have 5 naps. Kid screen time is totally acceptable while you regroup your life for another week.
- Unplug tech for 20 minutes and sit outside. Take in your surroundings. Journal your experience!
- Meditate – Unplug for 10 minute minimum. Do everything you can to lay still, rest your mind and monitor your breathing.
- Sleep 30 minutes more per night
- Say "no" to a task or responsibility
- Say a daily prayer
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Check out a book at the Fond du Lac Public Library about mindfulness or that introduces mindfullness and meditation to kids
- Go to a local church service
- Try a free Les Mills Mindfulness AT HOME video. Search for "Les Mills Mindfulness" in the dropdown.